The size of the group means that we can offer a great diversity of professions in a wide range of different fields, which allows you to build your career path and to promote and develop your skills.
Product Design and Research
Designing innovative products, to meet the needs of the market is the heart of NTN EUROPE Group's know-how. The group's European R&D teams' work is based on a plan of research and a strong licensing policy, in order to develop tomorrow's technologies, in accordance with the needs of our clients.
The NTN EUROPE Group operates a testing centre in Europe as well as a workshop to manufacture prototypes.
The product's principal trades:
- Design products and innovative solutions (while observing Quality-Cost-Delivery) to meet the needs of automotive, aeronautical or industrial clients.
- Development of these products and their components, in close cooperation with the industrial teams.
- Management of their evolution along their whole life in production, in order to improve their performance and cost, and to meet the client's changing needs.
Analyses & Measures:
Product certification (bearings, bearing materials and components) from statement of need to the drafting of a detailed statement. To do this, we have to: plan the process of putting tests into place, develop testing methods, put the resources into place, carry out the tests and monitoring on specific machines, determine the skills and analysis required, and manage and monitor testing methods.
The NTN-SNR Group is a world-wide specialist in mechatronics, which remains one of the foundations of its research plan. Its experts design and introduce these new products to clients using mechanics, but also electronics and computer technology.
Process Development & Industrialisation
Over 50 techniques are required to transform the primary material into the finished product. From the engineering and design department to the shop-floor, technical teams design and perfect the means and methods of fabrication. It is one of the group's biggest areas of expertise.
- to design the means of manufacture of new bearings, by innovating on existing methods or by designing completely new machines.
- to permanently improve the means of manufacture and manufacturing methods and procedures.
These teams consist of specialists in mechanics, automation, robotics, or even electronics…
NTN EUROPE machining engineering services are organised by great bearing manufacturing techniques, grouping together experts in each large field: turning, forming, grinding, heat treatment, assembly, end of the line, metrology
Bearing manufacturing requires skills in the various techniques used: turning, forming, grinding, heat treatment, assembly, end of the line.
Teams work with the support of "Technical Support" functions: methods, logistics, quality, environment, maintenance, as well as service functions like human resources and management.
The various trades of the "Manufacturing" Division:
- Manufacturing employees include various trades directly linked to production: Production Operator, Adjuster, Production Specialist, Maintenance Specialist and Shop Technician. They work together to meet production objectives that comply with environmental standards and standards of quality and safety.
- The Section Co-ordinator: from the manufacturing or technical personnel, he leads a team of about 20 manufacturing employees in achieving results-oriented goals. He is also involved in the continuous improvement of his section (daily actions and steps to progress).
- The Manufacturing Unit Co-ordinator: There are 2 parts to his function: Management of the production teams and technology. A true leader of men, with an ear to the ground, his mandate is to optimise the means of manufacture, in terms of both human and material resources. He brings production programmes to a successful conclusion by working with his team to resolve technical, human and economic problems. He is very often an engineer by training, or an experienced former Section Co-ordinator.
Logistics & Purchasing
Logistics is divided into 4 large families of trades that cover the entire range of logistical activities: from conception to operation, from the planning stage to continuous production.
- Supplies: to provide and supply the various work centres with the primary materials and components required to fabricate the bearings.The internal handling functions (receiving, shipping, shop management, etc.) are part of this family.
- Planning and industrial programming: anticipate and plan production so as to satisfy customer demand in terms of availability, product, volume and lead time.
Production Management: Manage the physical stock of parts on the shop floor to optimise manufacturing.
Purchases represent over 60% of the group's annual turnover. At that, the purchasing department contributes to the NTN EUROPE Group's development and its competitiveness.
The principal positions:
- Improving the performance of the approved suppliers.
- Developing new products and new suppliers, in consultation with Technical Services and Internal Quality Control, while meeting standards of Quality-Cost-Delivery.
- Selecting suppliers that suit the group's needs.
- Responsible for identifying, verifying and monitoring a panel of suppliers; he presents, approves and applies the purchasing strategy for each segment.
- Improving suppliers' Quality and Development: in close collaboration with the suppliers,
- Continuous improvement of suppliers' quality and productivity performance.
- Guarantor of quality and compliance of products, services, bearing components and tools purchased.
Quality & Environment
Quality forms a part of the NTN EUROPE Group's strategic base and core values. Men and women in this function accompany, advise, train and audit the operational employees who are responsible for bearing quality - from their design until they are delivered to customers.
This function cuts across classifications and groups together the following very different trades:
To maintain the product's quality throughout the process, from its development, through manufacture, right up to delivery to the customer.
Quality from suppliers:
- participate in pre-selection audits, in association with the Purchasing Department, in order to measure their level of quality.
- maintain or improve the quality of outsourced products, by means of progress plans
Process Quality: within the framework of its Quality policy:
- contribute to the permanent improvement of processes through analysing difficulties encountered in development and in mass production,
- be sure to take advantage of improvements in standards.
Client Quality: in direct relationship with the client:
- analyse problems of Quality encountered
- bring about solutions by drawing on the appropriate in-house resources.
As part of its environmental commitment and its ISO 14001 certification, the "Environmental Department" introduces, develops, audits and monitors regulations on all the group's sites, with regards to reducing the impact of the group's activities on the environment.
Sales & Marketing
The sales and marketing teams are organised according to the market served: Automobile, Industrial, Aéronautical. NTN EUROPE is a manufacturer of both original equipment (in a direct relationship with constructors) and replacement parts (in contact with distributors).
The principal positions:
Sales Engineers generate commercial activity by managing a portfolio of dedicated clients, in a geographic area. They work together with sales assistants who keep in contact and manage day-to-day orders.
Marketing & services:
Market studies, launching new product, to create sales of products and services, communications tools or sales aids...
Forecasting, programming and strategic consideration on the marketing of products - a question of anticipating market developments as accurately as possible, in order to respond in the best way.
This is a strategic position whose mandate is to ensure the development of human resources, the company's greatest strength.
- To be close to the ground in support of the managers and improve their quality of management performance.
- To listen to the employees, so that each one enjoys support in their daily life and in their career.
The HR organisation's objective is to facilitate the implementation of its mandate. In the central services occupational experts define HR policy and help HR departments progress in their field. On the field personnel officers are available to anyone who has any concerns.
The principal areas of HR activity: skills and training, employment and forward-looking management, internal communications, remuneration/forward planning, social relations, safety and working conditions, management.
Information technology careers never cease to evolve to meet organisations' increasing needs and the constant evolution of technology.
The principal positions:
Support and assistance to users:
- On a daily basis, take charge of users' questions and problems, by providing them with a diagnosis and solution in the shortest time possible.
- Management of the installation and the proper operation of the work stations.
Production and operation:
- Daily management of operations, with due regard for Quality-Cost-Delivery.
- Making available to users reliable IT resources and telephone systems, while incorporating new materials.
- Analysis and development, purchase or adaptation of new applications or software packages.
- Development of information systems.
Finance & Legal
The Finance Department covers the group's entire needs in the matter of financing, taxation and customs, cost control, audit and legal affairs.
Fiscal consolidation of purchases/accounts payable and receivable
Monitoring of all commercial and industrial subsidiaries, for optimum overview of the group's economic performance
Budget and financial reporting:
- measures the group's economic performance,
- construction of results objectives,
- explanation of actual results, and
- raising the alarm to necessary trend corrections with regard to commitments undertaken.
Takes care of everyday financing and cash, involving regular outside contact with banks and investors.
Legal: protects the NTN EUROPE Group's interests in 5 main areas:
- competition and contract law,
- company law and labour law,
- Intellectual property law, trade marks and counterfeiting,
- patent law,
- international business law.