Our bearings for the agricultural industry provide the highest level of performance. A perfect knowledge of the sector and of your business needs means that we can provide you with the best solution to meet your requirements.
The expertise we have at NTN has enabled us to develop a number of ranges of high-performance bearings. Approved by world leaders in the sector, they meet the requirements of all agricultural applications.
Agricultural bearings: NTN expertise at your service
By offering robust and reliable solutions dedicated to agricultural machinery, the NTN and SNR brands are able to meet all your requirements and simplify the management of your equipment.
Increased service life
Our bearings have been designed to meet the requirements of agricultural equipment: intensive use, higher speeds on the road, an increase in transmitted power, reduced size (downsizing) ...
Increased machine performance
Our bearings are designed for all types of environments and all types of machine. Improve the performance of your equipment by using products that have been specially designed for each application.
Lower maintenance costs
Our bearings are developed to withstand harsh environments. They ensure greater robustness and reliability. No downtime during periods of intensive work.
Bearings designed for towed agricultural machinery
NTN designed a large range of bearings dedicated to implements, meeting their specific requirements: stubble cultivators and disc harrows, power harrows, seed drills, mowers, windrowers, balers, harvesters, etc.
The most used bearings in towed machines are traditionally self-aligning bearings inserts, in sheet metal or cast iron housings, and deep groove ball bearings.
Under the NTN and SNR brands, the agricultural range offers products specially developed for towed machinery.
- support for packer rolls / roll bar support: ball bearing inserts with triple lip seals + deflector shield ("AGR” suffix). This highly reliable solution is approved by the leaders in the field of rotary and disc harrows.
- Stubble cultivator with independent discs: AGRIHUB integrated hubs offer high-level performance without maintenance.
- seed drill disc: 4 point contact ball bearing with triple lip seals, a guarantee of precision sowing and long service life.
- disc mower cutting bar: double row angular contact GB "Twinline” ball bearing. The world leader in haymaking equipment has used this type of bearing for more than 30 years due to its high speed capability, ease of mounting and in particular for its extreme reliability.
- baler: ball bearing insert equipped with an "L4" labyrinth seal which offers the best compromise between speed capability and resistance to liquid and solid contamination.
Bearings designed for tractor transmissions
In addition to a wide range of products available in our catalogue, our engineers have developed products that are designed to meet the specific needs of the different functions found in tractor transmissions and axles:
- drive pinion: steep angle tapered roller bearings with reduced friction torque to allow an increase in rotational speed.
- wheel bearing – rear axles: tapered roller bearings with an optimised internal design to limit edge loads induced by axle shaft deflections and heavy applied loads.
- wheel bearing – front axles: thin section angular contact ball bearings for increased rigidity in confined spaces.
- gearbox: high performance deep groove ball bearings TMB/TAB for increased service life or reduced size (downsizing) with the same useful life as that of a larger bearing.
- final reduction planetary gears: large choice of versions of cage and needle roller assemblies suitable for all dimensions and power to be transmitted.
NTN also develops special integrations.
High power tractor axles... in the words of our expert
We have developed, in close collaboration with our customer, solutions specific to the extreme conditions of this tractor. With the size of these wheels you can imagine what our bearings support every day. As the power of tractors is constantly increasing, the difficulty for the manufacturers is to transmit this power to the ground via the drive shafts whose bearings must now withstand rotational bending eight times more than those commonly accepted by our “catalogue” bearings. Our know-how lies in our ability to take extreme requirements and to propose suitable technologies.