Optimise the productivity of your bearings: from installation to maintenance, the comprehensive NTN-SNR package covers the entire steel manufacturing process.
Because we have precise knowledge of your business, we can put our expertise at your service. We will support you at all stages of the steel manufacturing process, from the preparation of raw materials through to the finishing lines.
Bearings for the steel industry: why choose NTN-SNR?
Our teams will assist and advise you in identifying innovative solutions to suit your needs.
- optimise your costs, from installation to maintenance
- increase the service life of your equipment with the correct products for the steel industry
- reduce maintenance time: increase maintenance intervals by at least 50%
Our products for the steel industry: performance, reliability, precision
NTN-SNR can provide you with specialist solutions for every stage of the steel manufacturing process, from the preparation of raw materials through to the finishing lines. Our dedicated steel industry range combines specific developments with standard elements to provide the best solution, tailored to your needs.
Performance: a complete and specialist range
From the preparation of the raw materials to steel casting, NTN-SNR offers a complete range of bearing units, housed bearing units and plummer blocks, as well as the ULTAGE® range of bearings, designed to withstand severe conditions of vibration and pollution. This offer is complemented by large size spherical roller bearings, in one or two parts, which are suitable for converter supports and trunnion mounts.
Reliability: the best load carrying capacity on the market
Our steel industry products are well known for their resistance to the severe requirements, operating loads and temperatures, of continuous casting. For fixed bearings, the ULTAGE® range is the benchmark in the steel industry. For floating and intermediate bearings, NTN-SNR offers an original design.
Service life: suited to your application
NTN-SNR products also offer specialist solutions for each type of rolling mill, cold or hot. Our bearings have a reinforced seal arrangement and are suitable for high loads and speeds. In addition, they have been heat treated and/or surface treated to ensure optimum service life.
Finishing: dedicated products
We offer a wide range of products for the steel industry designed to extend the service life of your finishing line:
- deep groove ball bearings from the TOPLINE range, HVZ for cable clamp rollers or even F604 for cooling tables
- plummer block housings – ductile cast iron
- spherical roller bearings from the ULTAGE® range (open and sealed)
- constant-velocity joints
- complete straightening rollers
- ULTAGE® four-row tapered roller bearings
Would you like to learn more about our products? Open the GENERAL LISTING Take a look at the LARGE BEARINGS catalogue
NTN-SNR expertise at your service
NTN-SNR puts its expertise at your service (training, tool selection and lubrication…) to maximise the life of your equipment and reduce your costs. We support you and with your collaboration, from the condition-of-premises report through to the implementation of solutions, to ensure the success of your operation and reduce the total cost of ownership (TCO) of your bearings.
Here are a few examples:
- we increased the service life, by 4 or 5 times, of the floating bearings used in continuous casting thanks to the axial load capacity of NTN bearing,
- we increased the service life, by 3 times, of a rolling mill bearing by using a 4-row tapered roller bearing from the ULTAGE® range,
- our Rust GardTM surface treatment makes it possible to extend the life of the rolling mill bearings even further.