NTN-SNR is your trusted partner which it comes to research and innovation. You can rely on our R&D centres, our passion, our ability to listen and the expertise of our teams.
Why choose NTN-SNR as a partner for your innovations?
Nearly half of our innovations are developed in partnership with our customers.
- We continually follow the evolution of our developments. This is how we identify the right connection between new technologies and industrial needs.
- We are listening to you. We meet with you and discuss your technical issues. We leave the field open to creative solutions.
- Your ideas can take shape and become real. We innovate from conception right through to the production phase.
Focus on our innovative R&D centre
The NTN-SNR Research and Development centre includes:
- our applied research and development teams work on mechanical, mechatronic, materials and process engineering
- our exclusive calculation methods (software developed from our own knowledge and finite element simulation models) study the behaviour of complex mechanical systems, thermal behaviour, forging processes, crimping, heat treatment, magnetic field…
- our independent prototype workshop, our test centre, our laboratories (metallurgy, chemistry, metrology, mechatronics) test new products in real-life conditions
NTN-SNR also innovates in collaboration with our partners: technical centres, universities, trade associations, technology hubs and clusters…
NTN-SNR R&D in Europe employs 400 people, nearly 50 patents filed (2014), the 28th filed with ’INPI.
NTN-SNR and the challenges of tomorrow
Urbanisation, population growth, climate change and the depletion of the Earth's resources has lead to changes in the economic and industrial fabric of society.
NTN-SNR is motivated to solve these issues and integrate them into the foundations of its innovation:
- reduction of CO2 emissions and pollution
- diversifying and improving urban transport
- development of self driving cars and car sharing
- development of electric vehicles and equipment
- reducing operating costs for industrial operators: wind energy, rail, steel and mines, industrial equipment
- development of precision agricultural engineering
- exploitation of new energy sources
- safety in human-robot environment
- further improve the already high reliability in aerospace
NTN-SNR innovation, in the words of an expert
Understanding your business and your technical concerns, is the key point, and the source for our inspiration and innovation. This allows us to develop a technology, a product, or an offer that aligns with your needs.
Our goal? Going beyond simple technological invention to offer you innovation that meets the real needs of your customers and users.