Benefit from the expertise of a manufacturer of original equipment, a multi-specialist in timing and engine accessories.
The performance of an engine should not be compromised or suffer any deterioration due to the quality of the surrounding parts.
Motor: the performance of an original equipment manufacturer
Our position as an original equipment manufacturer has allowed us to gain the trust of the largest car manufacturers. Our full timing and auxiliary belt range cover nearly 97% of the European fleet.
- an identical quality to the manufacturer performance specifications
- a high level of reliability
- a first-class performance
- the ability to innovate and design the products of the future
- support via our support services and technical communication support
SNR timing belts: kits and tensioners
Our timing belt range in figures:
- more than 600 timing belt kits and timing belt kits with water pump
- nearly 600 references; mechanical tensioners, hydraulic tensioners, idlers and pulleys
- applications for nearly 60 vehicle manufacturers
Our wide range covers all needs, including Asian applications and NTN brand products due to our dual European and Japanese identity.
Focus on timing belt kits
- Nearly 500 kits containing all of the components required for installation, ensuring high quality maintenance
- More than 150 timing belt kits with water pumps covering the most popular applications, in addition to manufacturer portfolio. The unique references simplify the management of your stock.
Focus on electric water pumps
Aware of the strong electrification of the automotive market and the growth in the number of hybrid and electric vehicles, NTN offers a range of 5 main electric water pumps.
The range covers 60% of the vehicle park and is the exact replacement offer of the OE pumps.
- Electric water pumps are composed of an aluminum housing that protects the rotor bearing and the starter as well as controller ;
- The impeller inside the pump is made of Polyphenylene Sulfide (PPS) which is a high-performance engineering thermoplastic, this type of plastic has the advantage of being resistant to high temperatures, it also offers excellent electrical insulation properties ;
- The pumps are made of high quality and high resistance components.
It helps to ensure the optimal operating temperature of today more and more complex engine system. (ICE / HEV / PHEV / BEV).
Electric water pumps allow the reduction of consumption, self-protection and constant control with mechatronics as well as the optimization and increase of the engine lifetime.
Focus on tensioners
Vital for the proper functioning of timing, tensioners can reach very high speeds (several times the engine speed). They are subject to extreme operating conditions. They must therefore be checked and replaced at regular intervals.
NTN in Europe technology brings to the market:
- idler bearing
- automatic dynamic tensioners
- hydraulic tensioners
- geared idlers
Did you know that 90% of the premature engine timing and accessory system failures are due to incorrect installation or poor quality parts. It is very important that special attention is paid to these systems. Choosing an NTN part makes sure your engine is functioning correctly. To make sure the correct fitment instructions are available, NTN in Europe has developed the Tech ScaN'R application. With just a few clicks, you can easily access the correct installation information.
The range of SNR auxiliary components
Our range of auxiliary components is one of the most complete on the market consisting of auxiliary belts, tensioners, auxiliary kits, damper pulleys, damper pulley kits, overrunning alternator pulleys, air conditioner bearings…
Focus on auxiliary belts
The auxiliary belt provides the drive to the auxiliary system components: alternators, power steering pumps, water pumps (dependent on installation), air conditioning compressors….
Therefore, SNR auxiliary belts are:
- developed and optimised in terms of length, with tolerances matching those used in original equipment
- validated for use in each vehicle
Because the auxiliary belts – grooved or trapezoidal – are life limited, we recommend to:
- check regularly for wear
- respect the replacement period as recommended by the manufacturer and/or by NTN in Europe
- immediately replace any damaged belt
Focus on auxiliary idlers
Auxiliary idlers create the correct tension in the auxiliary belt. They make it possible to compensate for the variation of the driven elements, as well as compensate for any stretching of the belt due to wear. Choosing good quality tensioning idlers is crucial for your engine.
NTN in Europe technology brings to the market:
- automatic tensioners: they absorb transient high loads, prevent slippage of the belt, and reduce noise.
- mechanical tensioners: they absorb movement by means of a tension spring
- idler pulleys
Focus on auxiliary kits with and without water pump
This complete repair solution, includes the auxiliary belt, tensioners, idler and any other necessary components. Auxiliary kits with water pumps also contain the auxiliary belt tensioner and idler.
The advantage of the kit?
- All the necessary components in one box
- No identification issues
- Only a single reference to order and stock
- Guaranteed OE quality parts
Focus on crankshaft damper pulleys
Crankshaft damper pulleys reduce vibrations due to irregularities from the crankshaft. It provides the best operation of the belt and the other driven elements. A quality pulley ensures a high level of protection for the engine and reduces the risk of any damage.
There are some 200 references for SNR crankshaft damper pulley kits, which offer:
- smooth running
- a high level of dampening and protection of the engine
- increased service life
Because they are subject to severe operating conditions, we recommend that you make a visual check of damper pulleys every 60,000 km or when changing the timing belts or one of the other auxiliary components.
Focus on crankshaft damper pulley kits
This is the complete replacement solution, which includes a damper pulley and mounting components.
The advantage of the kit?
- All the necessary components are in one box
- No identification errors
- A single reference to order and stock
- A quality repair
Focus on overrunning alternator pulleys (OAP)
The overrunning alternator pulley reduces the variations related to engine deceleration and sharp variations in speed and torque. It drives the alternator during the phases of acceleration of the crankshaft. It also provides protection and extends the service life of the belt and auxiliary systems.
Overrunning alternator pulleys offered by NTN in Europe are designed to:
- meet the operating conditions of modern engines that are increasingly complex
- limit the risk of failure of the alternator
As such, we recommend you regularly inspect the operation of the overrunning alternator pulley and replacement during maintenance of the auxiliary system.
Everything about automotive replacement parts in our brochures See the DOCUMENTATION
Find all parts in the online catalogue Open the e-Shop
Manufacturer recommendations, in the words of our expert
With our 3 production sites (Iwata, Nagano in Japan & Mettmann in Germany), NTN Europe is a major player in the distribution and accessory sector. We manufacture more than 10 million pulleys and more than 40 million bearings for pulleys every year, all of which are 100% tested and inspected. Our expertise also allows us to develop new products for future markets (pulleys for the Stop & Start system, for example).